Our Mission: To ensure that students are effective users of ideas and information.
Welcome to the Horace Mann library! Students attend library class once a
week for instruction and any students visit the library daily to read, study, and check out books. The school library program
is directed by Shannon Leonard.
We have a large collection including books, magazines, and reference materials including online databases. Our collection is constantly growing and we are able to purchase current materials to enhance the curriculum and for student reading pleasure.
We have four computers for students to use for school work and to access Destiny, our electronic catalog during library class time, morning, lunch and afternoon recess.
- Search the Horace Mann Library Catalog Search for books in our library from home using our online catalog
- Book Recommendations Looking for a good book? Try these recommendations!
- Policies & Curriculum In the LWSD library program, at the end of each level, students should have had experience with each critical content area. Students will not necessarily have instruction in each content area every year.
- Programs & Events Information about ongoing programs and events, including Book Fair, Read Across America, and more.
- Renaissance Home Connect Parents may use this site to access their student’s Accelerated Reader and Math Facts in a Flash progress.
- Renaissance Place Take an Accelerated Reader Quiz or complete the STAR test at school.
- AR BookFinder Search for an Accelerated Reader book. This site includes all Accelerated Reader books available.
- Guidelines for Works Consulted Lists In LWSD, elementary students should follow this introduction to the Modern Language Association (MLA) format for crediting sources in their papers.
- Research and homework help Grades K to 6 - link to LWSD site
- King County Library KCLS is a tremendous resource for books, databases, homework help, book reviews, and much more.
- Useful Databases Databases appropriate for K-6. See your library teacher for passwords to access these from home.