The Lake Washington School District provides group instrumental music instruction for all 4 th and 5 th graders. The goals of this program are to introduce the student to performing music on an instrument, working within a group of other musicians, and help them progress to performing groups at the Middle School and Senior High level. The Redmond Region instrumental music programs have been very successful for several years, and we hope you and your child will choose to take part in this exciting and beneficial program.
Band classes meet before school at Redmond Middle School with Mrs. Stoddard and Mr. Sloan. The students will be bussed to their elementary schools after class.
For more information about the elementary band program, please contact:
Mrs. Stoddard at Redmond Middle School: firstname.lastname@example.org
Band or No Band
- When in doubt, you may call Redmond Middle School to confirm whether there is band or not.
- We only have band when there is school. There is no band on school holidays or LEAP days.
- If Redmond Middle School is closed due to weather or a power outage, there will not be band, even if your elementary school is still open.
- If there is a 2 hour late start at Redmond Middle School, there will not be band that day.
- If Redmond Middle School is open, there is band.
- So, if Rockwell Elementary, for example, has a power outage and all other schools are open, we will still have band class.
2017-18 Weekly Rehearsal Schedule (2nd year players start Sept. 20th. All others begin the week of Sept. 25)
All band classes meet from 7:40 - 8:25 am. Students should be at school by 7:30 am to be ready for class.
- Monday: 5th grade (2nd year students), full band
- Tuesday: 4th grade, trumpet and clarinet
- Wednesday: 5th grade (2nd year students), full band
- Thursday: 4th grade, full band
- Friday: 4th grade, trombone, baritone and flute
2017-18 Concert Schedule (concerts held at Redmond Middle School at 7pm)
- November 16th
- March 20th (2nd year intermediate band only)
- May 17th