Dress Code from Mann Handbook 2019-2020
1. Shorts may be worn to school which meet the following criteria:
a) either straight hemmed or cuff hemmed
b) should be no shorter than approximately mid-thigh
2. Tank tops with spaghetti straps, halter tops, tube tops, and cut off shirts or other attire which exposes the midriff are not approved.
3. Articles of clothing with designs displaying or advertising drugs, alcoholic beverages/insignias, sexuality, or disturbing images are not permitted to be worn.
4. No colored hair spray. No face adornments or face paint.
5. No hats, caps or hoods are suitable for wear within the classroom and the building. They may be worn at recess. No hoods or masks that cover the face can be worn at any time.
6. No flip-flops are allowed at school due to safety requirements. All shoe laces must be tied.
7. Shoes with built in wheels are not permitted at Horace Mann.
Horace Mann’s Dress Code applies to all school events. As with any policy, it is hard to detail all aspects. Please remember, the Horace Mann staff will use their discretion regarding dress.